Friday 3 December 2010

The Painting Begins

Hurray - Silmiramarillion now has the beginnings of a face :D

I braved the icy roads of Bournemouth this afternoon and spent a couple of hours at the Miramar making a start on the face.  We shared the space with a Bridge afternoon, but I don't think we distracted each other too much.  In fact I enjoyed the babble of conversation going on around me and explaining what the lion was for.

It felt brilliant to spend a couple of hours painting, then stand back to see a face and character emerging from the fiberglass.  I went off at one point for clean water and the sight of a proper face on the lion as I returned made a large beam spread across my face.  I can't wait to get back there and continue.

I hope every day or few hours I spend there go so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment