Friday 10 December 2010

The Waves are spreading!

The end of another working week and one side of the waves is mostly done!  This detail is turning out to be much more time consuming than I had imagined - and the maximum time I seem to be able to do at this level of concentration at the moment is about 2 and a half hours.  But progress is being made, and lots of the guests at the Miramar seem to be very interested in the lion - which is great for general publicity as they are mostly local people.

I've been hearing lots of little snippets of conversations while working on the lion - people's children living abroad, friends who couldn't make it due to illness, talk of holidays past and future - all of life seems to go on around me as I paint - it's quite amazing really - like some installation all by itself - the actual process.  It does leave me quite tired - but happy, because this is really, really good fun :D

No comments:

Post a Comment